Summary of main points
We, Pharmacy2U, are a leading online pharmacy in the UK, registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council and the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency. We respect your right to privacy and are committed to providing clear and honest information to explain how we use the information you give us.
We understand that legal documents such as privacy policies can be difficult to understand. For that reason, we have provided this short overview of the policy to highlight the main points that you should know about.
- We will use your personal information to allow us to provide the services you ask us for.
- We will only share your information with other companies if this is necessary to provide our service to you (for example, to deliver medication or products we will need to share your address with a postal service). We share the minimum amount of information for the relevant purpose. Those we share your information with are not allowed to use it to try to sell their own services to you.
- We will not sell your information to anyone for any reason.
- We will only send you information about our own products and services, and those of group companies and selected partners if you have given us permission to. Bear in mind that if you choose not to receive this information, you may miss out on offers and deals.
- In some instances (for example, customers using our NHS repeat prescription service or online doctor consultation service), we will need to collect sensitive information about your health – such as existing health conditions or prescribed medication. The law and NHS regulations set out how we can record and use this sensitive information.
We, Pharmacy 2U Limited (also referred to as ‘us’), run our website at pharmacy2u.co.uk and provide pharmacy services.
Our address is:
1 Hawthorn Park
You can phone us on 0113 265 0222 or email us from our website at help.pharmacy2u.co.uk/.
- our commitment to respecting and protecting the privacy of people who use our website and our services; and
- how we collect and use your personal information.
We are registered under the Data Protection Act, registration number Z714211X.
What personal information we collect and how we use it
Providing you with goods and services
We collect personal information from you in a number of ways, mainly when you buy goods or services and from the way you use our website. This personal information will include your name, date of birth, address, email address and phone numbers. We will use this personal information to help us meet your order, deliver the goods and services to you and to give you the information you need to track your order.
In some cases, for example if you are ordering pharmacy-only medicines from us, we will ask you for extra information to make sure that our pharmacists can check the medicine is suitable for you. This will mean collecting information about your health, including medical information.
NHS prescription service
If you want to use our NHS prescription service we will need to know whether you pay for your NHS prescriptions and, if not, the reason why not. We will also collect information about your existing medical conditions and any medication your doctor has prescribed for you. We will use this information to look after your healthcare, and that may mean we have to contact you in certain circumstances that are relevant to your ongoing care (for example, sending you reminders about repeat prescriptions). We may also collect information about when you are next going to visit your doctor so we can help you manage your repeat prescriptions.
Getting to know you better
We will collect and store details of all medicines and other products we supply to you, and also medicines that you or your doctor tells us you may have from us on repeat prescription. We also collect information about our customers and prospective customers from other organisations, such as marketing agencies. We use this information to help us build a profile of our customers and prospective customers.
We will use this information, as well as the other information we collect about you, to improve the quality of our website and services, as well as improving the personal information we hold about you. This helps us to build a profile of you, so we can send you marketing messages that should be relevant to you (unless you have told us that you do not to want to receive marketing from us). We will also put this information (which does not identify you) with other information so that we can use all the information we have to help us understand our customers and prospective customers better, including helping to predict which of our services may be of interest to them. We may share your personal information with our marketing service providers to help us identify prospective customers.
Please note that we will only send you marketing information about our own products and services and those of group companies and selected partners, if you have given us permission to do so (you have to tell us if you want us to send you marketing information). We will not sell your information to anyone else, for any reason.
Our service providers
Sometimes we use other organisations (service providers) to help us provide our services and improve them, including:
- delivering your orders and providing emails or texts so you can track your order;
- sending letters and marketing material;
- carrying out market research; and
- helping us to analyse anonymous information about customers.
Where we need to share information with our service providers, we give them only the minimum amount they need to provide services to us and you. Those we share your information with are not allowed to use it to try to sell their own services to you.
When using our website
We may collect information about you as you are using our website, such as information about your browser, which areas of our website you visit and what links you click on. We may use the information we collect about you, after making it anonymous, to create statistics which we then share with others including ad networks, search engines and providers of analysis services.
All the personal information we collect about you is stored by us or by our service providers on our behalf.
We would like to get in touch with you, by post, email and text message, about products and services which we, our group companies and selected partners provide and think you would be interested in, and to let you know about relevant offers and news. We will only do this if you have given us permission (you must tell us if you want to receive this information). If you no longer want to receive marketing information in a particular way, or receive any marketing at all, you can change your mind at any time. You can change your preferences by logging into ‘Your Account’ or visiting help.pharmacy2u.co.uk/. You can also unsubscribe from further emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the end of every email we send you.
Giving information to third parties
As well as giving our service providers information to help us provide our products and services to you, we may give your personal information to others (third parties) in the following circumstances.
- If we are selling or buying any business or assets, in which case we may give your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or asset.
- If we, or most of our assets, are taken over by a third party (as your personal information may be one of those assets).
- If we have to provide or share your personal information in order to:
- meet any legal obligation or a request from a court or the police;
- protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers or others.
This may involve sharing information for the purposes of preventing fraud, carrying-out identity and age-related checks, and reducing credit risks, and contacting prescribers when our pharmacist becomes aware of significant medical issues arising in connection with a repeat prescription.
Our website may contain links to third parties’ websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of those websites.
The security of your personal information is very important to us, and we take allappropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help protect it from being seen or shared by people or organisations not authorized to receive it. When sending your personal information to a third party in order to provide goods or services you have ordered through our website, we will use reasonable ways of keeping your personal information secure. Despite this commitment, we will not be liable if information transmitted over the internet is revealed, altered or misused.
Your right to see your health record
You can ask us in writing for a copy of all the personal information we hold about you. We must respond to your request within 40 days. There may be a charge to have a printed copy of the information.
You will need to give enough information for our pharmacy staff to identify you (for example, your full name, address and date of birth). You will need to provide ID (for example, your passport, full driving licence or credit card or debit card) before any information is released to you.
If you think any information we hold about you is incorrect, please let us know.
If you have any questions, contact us by visiting help.pharmacy2u.co.uk/.
This policy was last updated on 29 November 2016.