About the Job
Product Owner - Full time, permanent
Leeds Yorkshire (LS14)
Competitive salary dependent on experience, 3% contributory pension, Childcare voucher scheme, Employee discount site. 25% Discount on staff health and beauty purchases. Staff social events.
Hours: 40 hours per week
Pharmacy2U is the UK’s largest NHS online pharmacy specialising in NHS repeat prescriptions and online doctor services. We exist to take the stress out of obtaining repeat prescriptions and help reduce the strain on the NHS by modernising and improving patient access to healthcare. Chemist Direct our sister company provides a wide range of over the counter medicines and general healthcare products, making these services easily accessible to all.
Increasing demand for our services around the country is resulting in an ever-increasing number of patients which we service from our state of the art, award winning dispensing hub.
We are a pharmacy where clinical excellence and patient care meets unique technology which truly helps families live healthier and happier lives. All of this achieved thanks to our amazing team which includes qualified pharmacists, NHS GPs and best in class cross functional business teams.
Who we’re looking for:
The Product Owner is responsible for leading systems change in line with business requirements. The Product Owner will act as a proxy for the customer, utilising and prioritising customer insight and feedback to maximising the value to the customer whilst improving internal efficiencies.
The Product Owner will be responsible for managing deliverables with all relevant parties during and throughout the project/sprints and will manage the overall relationship between the business and IT to ensure all systems change is delivered during the project/Sprint
It is expected that in order to deliver against the key accountabilities the support of the following stakeholders is required:
- Executives, directors and managers within P2U and Chemist Direct
- Colleagues at all levels in P2U
- Senior management within strategic commercial partners
- Key business introducers
- Regulators and external/internal auditors
- Industry contacts
In carrying out the responsibilities of the role, the post holder will work with (or have significant contact with):
- P2U business community
- Head of Delivery
- Marketing Team
- P2U Finance
- P2U Customer Service
- P2U IG
- IT Squads
- P2U HR/L&D
Essence of Role – Key Accountabilities:
This role is directly accountable for the following (to be read in conjunction with the accountabilities in Appendix 1)
- Responsible for defining and prioritising the Work Stack for the designated system essentially to streamline the execution of programme priorities.
- The Product Owner has significant relationships and responsibilities outside the squads, including participation in Product management meetings and Release Planning. Along with authority for the full definition and return on investment (ROI), aligning to the wider vision and mission for the area, which falls into the remit of the Head of Department.
- Creates and maintains the Product Backlogs by scoping and identifying requirements and prioritising activities.
- Prioritise and sequence the Backlog according to business criteria. Ensure the Backlog is sequenced prior to the Sprint Planning Meeting and prioritising each user story/change (aligned to business criteria).
- Elaborations on Epics, themes and Features (the Why, the customer journey and the output deliverables). Sorts into user stories that are granular enough to be achieved in a single sprint. User Stories are elaborated at the last responsible moment and it is the Product Owners responsibility to be there during the Sprint Planning meeting to help the teams to understand exactly what is required, and to work with the to help write user stories which are adequate for the development team.
- Convey the vision & goals at the beginning of every Release and Sprint to the squads ensuring each party is aware of what the intended outcome is, and what the focus needs to be and pick up any efficiency.
- The Product Owner must continuously engage the customer (internal and external) and stakeholders to ensure the Team is building the right product and therefore delivering the ROI expected of it. The Product owner has the opportunity to steer the team in a different direction at the end of every Sprint.
- Participates in the daily Scrums, Sprint Planning Meetings and Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives. Each of the Scrum ceremonies is an opportunity for the Product owner to inspect and adapt, therefore attendance at these is tantamount to success.
- Inspects the product progress at the end of every iteration (every 2-6 weeks depending on sprint) and has complete authority to accept or reject work done, work that either is not complete or un-done needs to be re-prioritised or sequenced.
- The Product Owner is in complete control and can steer the team in a completely different direction at Sprint boundaries
- The Product Owner is the voice of the Team to the outside world and should ensure that all channels of communication are open and that the projects/.sprints have the right amount of support required to succeed
- Terminates an iteration if it is determined that a drastic change in direction is required
- Responsible for establishing KPIs to focus on delivery and to enable benefits realisation
- Leading sprint reviews and encouraging the sharing of progress between all stakeholders in the squad
- Participating in Product Owner working groups, sharing best practice and experiences
- To undertake any other duties as specified from time to time in accordance with P2U business requirements.
Personal Attributes & Other Requirements
- Must have Software Development Background
- Relevant professional qualification at degree level or equivalent business/sector experience
- Knowledge of working within an Agile Delivery environment utilising methods such as Scrum, XP
- Proven ability in managing third party introducers and suppliers
- Proven ability to manage multiple product lines
- Experience managing, tracking, reporting and ratifying multimillion pound budgetary spend
- Detailed understanding of drivers of profitability, risk and reward
- Demonstrable strategic thinking and commercial acumen
- Commitment to developing a “Can Do” culture
- Proven ability to build networks of contacts who can contribute to success
- Experienced in customer led product prototyping
Strategy and Planning
Contribute to the development of the Departmental plan, in particular, identifying opportunities to increase PBT and improve Growth, Efficiency, Customer Satisfaction and Staff Engagement.
Plan area specific actions and ensure this support the departmental plan.
Work with the line manager to ensure the plan deliverables are achieved and milestone are met, providing regular updates to the Line Manager.
Liaise with key stakeholders and internal departments to provide draft input for new business proposals, Tenders, Bids and Contract renewals.
Being innovative and forward thinking in the research and development of initiatives and encouraging idea generation from the team that deliver improvements, challenge costs and processes. Continually explore all opportunities and new developments.
Ensure new procedures, methodology and skills introduced are documented and become firmly embedded in ways of working.
Proactively manage suppliers, to identify and deliver efficiency improvements and service enhancements that enhance the customer experience.
Thoroughly investigate any issue or complaint, identifying and providing a satisfactory solution for the customer/supplier and in the interests of the business, recommending and signing off corrective and preventative action to prevent reoccurrence.
Budgets and KPI's
Develop, agree with line manager and meet Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) for the team. Ensure that any delegated budget is effectively controlled and escalate any significant spend to budget variances in timely manner.
Ensure that all reporting is from core systems and data is complete and accurate.
Ensure there is a consistent, best practice coordinated approach to operational delivery activities, liaising with other Business Unit specialists and managers to share best practice in order to deliver business objectives and maximise operational efficiencies.
Support and work with colleagues to ensure a co-ordinated approach to service delivery activities, working cohesively on any identified opportunities, projects and initiatives to deliver a great customer experience, sharing and contributing to the development of best practice
Recognise individual responsibility and accountability for risk in relation to this role and follow effective best practice processes and departmental processes to minimise errors, fraud and exposure to risk.
If this sound like you and you want to be part of a fresh, exciting challenge in a business that is really going places then do get in touch.
Please send your CV quoting Job Reference "Product Owner" to firstname.lastname@example.org