As the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak continues to grab headlines around the world, it’s crucial that business leaders, freelancers and employees make plans to protect their health and productivity.
As this pandemic escalates, Pharmacy2U would like to share some information for business people who are working in the UK.
Where can I get accurate information regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19)?
The coronavirus situation is rapidly developing and changing on a daily basis. Therefore, you should only be getting information regarding the coronavirus from official sources like the NHS’s dedicated website, making sure you check it regularly.
If you have any concerns regarding the coronavirus, NHS 111 have also set up an online service which is packed with important information.
Top tips for avoiding infection
You can decrease the risk of infection by following simple hygiene advice.
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water
- When washing your hands, do it for a minimum of 20 seconds
- Wash your hands whenever you get home or arrive at work
- If soap and water isn’t available, use sanitiser gel
- When you sneeze or cough, cover your mouth with a tissue or sleeve (not your hands)
- Put any used tissues straight in the bin after use and immediately wash your hands
- Avoid contact with people who you know to be unwell
Don’t touch your eyes, mouth or nose if your hands haven’t been cleaned.
Get your medication delivered while working from home
If you’re following the government measures for social distancing and working from home, there are online services which can be used to help limit the risk of infection. If you need to see your GP, first check if they’re offering video or phone consultations.
With our NHS repeat prescription service, you can conveniently order your prescriptions online or through the Pharmacy2U app and have your medication delivered for free, directly to your door. Registration is quick and easy and we also provide helpful reminders when it’s time to reorder.