Pharmacy2U are proud to support the NHS in vaccinating the nation against COVID-19. Join the Pharmacy2U COVID-19 vaccine team now!
We are now looking for Registered Health Care Professional’s who wish to play their part and join the Pharmacy2U Covid-19 Vaccine Team, there are numerous roles available at various locations around the UK!
As a trusted NHS service, supporting over half a million patients to manage their repeat prescriptions, we’re proud to be assisting the NHS in their mission to get the nation vaccinated against COVID-19. We’ve set up vaccination clinics across England to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to everyone eligible, on behalf of the NHS.
Pharmacy2U is the UK's first and largest online pharmacy, we're a market leader in the pharmacy world, helping over 600,000 patients in England manage their NHS repeat prescriptions from request through to delivery.
For over 20 years, we have used cutting-edge technology alongside our UK-based pharmacists, dispensing specialists, and customer care advisers to help improve the lives of patients.
Our Leeds and Leicester -based dispensing facilities is distributing medication to patients across the UK at a rate of over £1m+ items per month.
The Financial Times has ranked us as the fastest growing health business in the Pharmacy sector, marking a phenomenal year of growth and we wish to continue this growth trajectory with the confidence and trust of our patients.
We're an ambitious company with big plans and we're looking for high calibre individuals to join our team and help us.
Our aim is to further disrupt the industry for the benefit of patients with leadership that is passionate about building the skills and expertise of our teams- “come and join the rocket ship”- CEO Mark Livingstone.
In these crucial roles, you will work as part of a dynamic team in delivering a safe and effective service for the mass delivery of vaccinations of the COVID-19 vaccines. You will be responsible for administering or supervising the vaccine to citizens, working within a team of staff in vaccination sites.
Various positions in the following regions:
- North East
- North West
- South West
- South East
Role will be assigned to specific regions but there may be occasional requirement to support other English Regions
Essence of Role – Key Accountabilities
Once you are fully vetted and trained, with the relevant compliance and checks completed, you will be responsible for performing and/or supervising the following:
- Set up/configuration of the vaccination station
- Drawing up and preparation of the vaccine prior to administration
- Vaccine administration, using the National Protocol
- Disposal of clinical waste and change of PPE as per national guidelines
- Adherence to infection control practices between individuals
Knowledge, skills and experience required for role
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- IT literate (used It systems and is quick to learn)
- Demonstrate drive, initiative and proactivity in role
- Proven ability to work both as part of a bigger team and individually
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), displaying empathy and reassurance at all times.
- Display high level of accuracy, you will be expected to maintain and record accurate documentation of interactions between clients, colleagues, and other relevant agencies to ensure the smooth running of the service
- Must be willing to travel around assigned region and support other English regions as required
- Experience of working with patients/customers on a 1-2-1 basis
- Experience of working in a pressured environment, delivering against tight deadlines
- Experience of adhering to ethical rules and regulations
- Experience of working in a highly accurate environment
KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- You will need to show commitment and willingness to complete the appropriate learning and development courses as required, to demonstrate the right capabilities for the positions. This will include specific vaccine training.
- E-learning will be conducted remotely so you must have access to a smart device to complete this promptly.
- You should be a Registered Health Care Professional e.g. NMC for nurses, GPHC for pharmacists and equivalent for other healthcare professionals and have proven experience in a healthcare setting. Although relevant training will be provided post holders should ideally have experience of administering vaccines and providing immunisation advice within a health care setting.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND BEHAVIOUR
- Be a good team player and proactively help fellow team members when they are busier
- Ambitious to learn and develop
- Tenacity and will to win
- Demonstrate professional conduct and respect for others at all times, both Pharmacy2U colleagues and our service users
- Demonstrate a patient first approach at all times and strives to exceed patient expectations
OUR CORE VALUES
- Passionate - The only way to do great work is to love what we do
- Ambitious -Healthy ambition fires us up without burning others
- Trusted - Trust grows from our endless pursuit of the very highest clinical standards
- Innovative - If there’s a way to do it better. We find it
- Excellent - Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better
- Nurturing - Be a brain to pick, an ear to listen, a push in the right direction
- Team-focused - It is amazing what we can accomplish if we do not care who gets the credit
Salary: Competitive - 44 hours per week to be discussed at interview stage.
To apply for these roles please forward your CV and covering letter outlining your salary expectation and geographical area's you can cover.
How to apply
If you are interested in this role or would like further information please get in touch via email firstname.lastname@example.orgApply now
What we can offer
- Brand new head office at The Springs, first class office environment
- Brand new facility in Bardon, with state of the art automation
- Recently re-furbished pharmacy facility in Leeds, 14
- Contributory pension (discounted insurance Aviva*)
- Employee discount site (access to a great range of discounts on holiday bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending)
- 25% Discount on staff health and beauty purchases
- Social events throughout the year
- Park Life Membership (exclusive offers and discounts for The Springs, Leeds)
- Free onsite parking and refreshments
- Cycle to work scheme
- Long service bonus
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Online Health and Wellbeing Resource
- Discounted Gyms