Pharmacy2U is the UK's first and largest online pharmacy, we're a market leader in the pharmacy world, helping over 600,000 patients in England manage their NHS repeat prescriptions from request through to delivery.
For over 20 years, we have used cutting-edge technology alongside our UK-based pharmacists, dispensing specialists, and customer care advisers to help improve the lives of patients.
Our Leeds and Leicester -based dispensing facilities is distributing medication to patients across the UK at a rate of over £1m+ items per month.
The Financial Times has ranked us as the fastest growing health business in the Pharmacy sector, marking a phenomenal year of growth and we wish to continue this growth trajectory with the confidence and trust of our patients.
Chemist Direct is part of the Pharmacy2U family. Chemist Direct serves the health and beauty needs of our customers delivering over 600,000 orders per year from over 5000 sku’s at our state of the art new fulfilment centre in Leicestershire. Chemist Direct is witnessing significant growth of +70% year on year as customers change their buying habits and we wish to continue on this growth trajectory with the confidence and trust of our customers
Private Online Doctor is also part of the Pharmacy2U family. It offers our patients access to relevant prescription medicines via a private online GP consultation. Its aim is to assist those patients with specific needs across a broad range conditions.
We're an ambitious company with big plans and we're looking for high calibre individuals to join our team and help us.
Our aim is to further disrupt the industry for the benefit of patients with leadership that is passionate about building the skills and expertise of our teams- “come and join the rocket ship”- CEO Mark Livingstone.
We are looking for an all-round, hands-on person, who is proactive and dynamic. You will enjoy being challenged on a daily basis and show a high level of dedication to your supervisory role, actively demonstrating problem solving skills. You should be a fast learner and can react quickly to ever changing environments. You will be confident and passionate about your role, eager to be part of a successful Pharmacy Facility Operations team.
Essence of Role – Key Accountabilities
- Manage the warehouse activities including driving a safety culture, ensuring warehouse activity meets company requirements
- Having a hands-on approach to all aspects of the operation within the warehouse
- Ensure the warehouse operation has enough resources to meet day to day operational needs as well as developing a productive and rewarding culture
- Motivating, organising and encouraging the team to ensure productivity targets are met
- Manage team and individual performance to ensure internal and external accuracy figures are met and maintained
- Provide cover for the Operations Manager as and when required
- Maintain best operational practices through management of the SOP's
- Drive and improve multi skilling within the team through staff performance, training and productivity review
- Driving continuous improvement and implement new ideas to improve ways of working and eliminate waste
- Conduct staff briefing and coaching sessions to feedback on issues and areas of improvement to raise KPI awareness and drive improvements
Knowledge, skills and experience required for role
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· IT literate (used It systems and is quick to learn)
· Ability to use Excel at intermediate level
· Demonstrate drive, initiative and proactivity in role
· Proven ability to work both as part of a bigger team and individually
· Ability to prioritise and organise tasks and workload
· Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
· Display high level of accuracy
· Experience of working in a pressured environment, delivering against tight deadlines
· Experience of working within company and ethical rules and regulations
· Experience of working in a highly accurate environment
· First Line management experience; Team Leader, Supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE AND QUALIFICATIONS
· GCSE (or equivalent) Maths and English Grade C or above
· Ability to use Excel at an intermediate level
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND BEHAVIOUR
· Be a good team player and proactively help fellow team members (and those in other teams) when they are busier
· Ambitious to learn and develop their career
· Tenacity and will to win
· Demonstrate professional conduct and respect for others at all times, both Pharmacy2U colleagues and our suppliers and partners
· Demonstrate a patient first approach at all times and strives to exceed patient expectations
OUR CORE VALUES
· Passionate - The only way to do great work is to love what we do
· Ambitious -Healthy ambition fires us up without burning others
· Trusted - Trust grows from our endless pursuit of the very highest clinical standards
· Innovative - If there’s a way to do it better. We find it
· Excellent - Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better
· Nurturing - Be a brain to pick, an ear to listen, a push in the right direction
· Team-focused - It is amazing what we can accomplish if we do not care who gets the credit
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
How to apply
If you are interested in this role or would like further information please get in touch via email email@example.comApply now
What we can offer
- Brand new head office at The Springs, first class office environment
- Brand new facility in Bardon, with state of the art automation
- Recently re-furbished pharmacy facility in Leeds, 14
- Contributory pension (discounted insurance Aviva*)
- Employee discount site (access to a great range of discounts on holiday bookings, high street vouchers, gift cards, cinema tickets, days out, leisure activities and your day to day spending)
- 25% Discount on staff health and beauty purchases
- Social events throughout the year
- Park Life Membership (exclusive offers and discounts for The Springs, Leeds)
- Free onsite parking and refreshments
- Cycle to work scheme
- Long service bonus
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Online Health and Wellbeing Resource
- Discounted Gyms