About the job
.Net Developer - Full time, permanent
Leeds, LS14, West Yorkshire
Salary competitive based on experience, 3% contributory pension, Childcare voucher scheme, Employee discount site. 25% Discount on staff health and beauty purchases. Staff social events.
Pharmacy2U is the UK's largest NHS online pharmacy specialising in NHS repeat prescriptions and online doctor services. We exist to take the stress out of obtaining repeat prescriptions and help reduce the strain on the NHS by modernising and improving patient access to healthcare. Chemist Direct our sister company provides a wide range of over the counter medicines and general healthcare products, making these services easily accessible to all.
Increasing demand for our services around the country is resulting in an ever-increasing number of patients which we service from our state of the art, award winning dispensing hub.
We are a pharmacy where clinical excellence and patient care meets unique technology which truly helps families live healthier and happier lives. All of this achieved thanks to our amazing team which includes qualified pharmacists, NHS GPs and best in class cross functional business teams.
We are looking for talented, passionate developers to join an entrepreneurial e-commerce business, where they will work with a lot of autonomy & make a real difference. As the UK's leading Online Pharmacy, we need to make sure our core services, website and our app are a delight to use for our patients as well as stay ahead of the curve when it comes to innovation in our field.
What we're looking for
We are looking for people that love to learn and want to grow with a company that is a leader in its market. Our developers should care about creating great code, interacting with stakeholders and working as part of a driven team of experts.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Hands on Development of P2U core internal systems, Web and Mobile, developing applications with an ambition to migrate to Azure.
What kind of technology do we use?
What makes us different?
We are a growing team with leadership that is passionate about building the skills and expertise of our teams. There isn't much time for micromanagement, thus we are a very team-driven organization that challenges each other to constantly build our skills and build quality relationships with stakeholders that are building innovative, influential products.
What makes this position different from others we are looking for?
Our developer roles work in Agile teams working in squads to deliver innovation from our Product road maps, whilst working with the rest of the delivery team to drive down our Tech Debt and Bug backlogs. We expect that this member joins the company with the ability to quickly learn Pharmacy2U application stack and hit the ground running. This person will contribute to ensuring other team members can build high-quality, test-driven code that meets the highest standards of good Agile engineering. This person is a great communicator, great at striving to understand the needs of our patients and building software solutions that provide maximum efficiency and meet business requirements.
What do we expect out of applicants for this position?
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or comparable relevant experience
- 3-5 years-experience working in software development
- Have some experience with most of the technologies in our stack, and are willing to learn others
- Show some level of expertise in at least three of our technology platforms
- Great at communicating and interacting with customers
- Looking forward to actively contributing to the life and growth of Pharmacy2U
- Proven ability to work to deadlines as well as balance with reactive requests when unavoidable
- Experience of working in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment with competing deadlines and priorities
- Have worked in the Agile Environment
- Team player happy to collaborate and keep communication streams open with your peers and manager
- Always got the users best interest in mind
- Attention to details
- Professional integrity & trustworthy
Essential skills and qualifications
- Recent experience and proven track record in C# .Net framework using TFS
- SQL Server 2012+ experience required
- Experience writing REST and WebAPI services
- MVC/ Entity framework
- MSMQ and Message Queuing knowledge preferred
- Experience with TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Experience with in Xamarin App Development preferred
- Experience with Object Oriented Domain Driven Design preferred
- Experience in a Service Oriented/Microservices environment preferred
- Distributed and Asynchronous Design and Development preferred
- Azure Cloud experience preferred
- Azure Devops (TFS online) Build and Release process for CI/CD preferred
- .Net core experience preferred
- Knowledge about SOLID principles
Pharmacy2U's core values:
- Integrity - we do what is best and right for our customers and each other
- Team - we are committed to working as a team and collaborate, support and respect each other
- Passion - We are passionate and enjoy what we do
- Agility - we recognise that our future depends on our speed and responsiveness
- Excellence - we deliver, recognise and reward excellence
- Respect - we treat everyone with care and concern
- The role operates within the IT team for Pharmacy2U and reports to the DevOps leads.
If this sound like you and you want to be part of a fresh, exciting challenge in a business that is really going places then do get in touch.
Please send your CV quoting Job Reference ".Net Developer" to email@example.com