Join the healthtech revolution!
Leeds LS15 (Thorpe Park)
About the role
What are we looking for?
We are looking for people that love to learn and want to grow with a company that is a leader in its market. Our developers should care about creating great code, interacting with stakeholders and working as part of a driven team of experts.
What kind of technology do we use?
You will be responsible for the following:
- Recent experience and proven track record in C# .Net framework using TFS
- SQL Server 2012+ experience required
- Experience writing REST and WebAPI services
- MVC/ Entity framework
- MSMQ and Message Queuing knowledge preferred
- Experience with TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Experience with in Xamarin App Development preferred
- Experience with Object Oriented Domain Driven Design preferred
- Experience in a Service Oriented/Microservices environment preferred
- Distributed and Asynchronous Design and Development preferred
- Azure Cloud experience preferred
- Azure Devops (TFS online) Build and Release process for CI/CD preferred
- Net core experience preferred
- Knowledge about SOLID principles
What makes us different?
We are a growing team with leadership that is passionate about building the skills and expertise of our teams. There isn't much time for micromanagement, thus we are a very team-driven organization that challenges each other to constantly build our skills and build quality relationships with stakeholders that are building innovative, impactful products.
What makes this position different from others we are looking for?
Our developer roles work in Agile teams working in squads to deliver innovation from our Product road maps, whilst working with the rest of the delivery team to drive down our Tech Debt and Bug backlogs. We expect that this member joins the company with the ability to quickly learn Pharmacy2U application stack and hit the ground running. This person will contribute to ensuring other team members can build high-quality, test-driven code that meets the highest standards of good Agile engineering. This person is a great communicator, great at striving to understand the needs of our patients and building software solutions provide maximum.
What do we expect out of applicants for this position?
- Degree in Computer Science or related field or comparable relevant experience
- 3-5 years-experience working in software development
- Have some experience with most of the technologies in our stack, and are willing to learn others
- Show some level of expertise in at least three of our technology platforms
- Great at communicating and interacting with customers
- Looking forward to actively contributing to the life and growth of Pharmacy2U
- Proven ability to work to deadlines as well as balance with reactive requests when unavoidable
- Experience of working in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment with competing deadlines and priorities
- Have worked in the Agile Environment
- Team player happy to collaborate and keep communication streams open with your peers and manager
- Always got the users best interest in mind
- Attention to details
- Professional integrity & trustworthy
We're an ambitious company with big plans for the future and we're looking for high calibre individuals to join our team and help us improve healthcare for patients.
As the UK's first and largest online pharmacy, we're a market leader in the pharmacy world. Our aim is to further disrupt the industry for the benefit of patients with leadership that is passionate about building the skills and expertise of our teams- ‘come and join the rocket ship’ - CEO Mark Livingstone
The role operates within the IT team for Pharmacy2U and reports to the Dev Lead.
What can we offer
- Having just moved into a brand new head office at The Springs, Leeds we have an amazing office environment https://thesprings-leeds.co.uk/#whats-happening
- Contributory pension (discounted insurance Aviva*)
- Employee discount site
- 25% Discount on staff health and beauty purchases
- Social events throughout the year
- Park Life Membership (exclusive offers and discounts for The Springs, Leeds)
- Free onsite parking and refreshments
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service, plus bank holidays.
If you think you can deliver then we want to hear from you. Please send your CV quoting Job Reference ".Net Developer" to email@example.com