Medication and Condition Help
Welcome to the Pharmacy2U medication and condition help centre. Here you’ll find useful links about conditions, medicines and contact information, curated by our team of qualified pharmacists and doctors.
Want to learn more about a medication?
Here are some handy links if you want to learn more about the medication you’ve been dispensed.
Find Patient Information Leaflets (PILs)
Patient Information Leaflets (PILs) are the leaflets you find inside the box your medication comes in. They’re made by the manufacturer of each medicine and are full of useful information, such as:
- What the medicine does and what it’s used for
- Things you should know before starting to take it for the first time
- How to take the medicine correctly
- Potential side effects of the medicine
- How to store the medicine safely
You can view or download a copy of most PILs online at medicines.org.uk/emc. Search for the name of the medicine and select ‘Patient Leaflet’. If you’re having problems getting a PIL, contact us and we’ll send you one by email or by post.
The NHS has lots of useful information about specific medications. Visit nhs.uk/medicines
Another UK-based website with simple, comprehensive information and advice about medicines is patient.info/medicine.
Want to learn more about a condition?
If you’d like to learn more about a medical condition, there’s lots of useful information provided by the NHS.
You can search for specific conditions and read about:
- Medicines and cures/treatments that can be used to manage the condition
- Lifestyle changes that can help to prevent or treat the condition
- When to seek medical advice
If you have any questions, please contact your doctor.
Patient.info also has a wealth of information about both conditions and medications.