I'm prescribed a controlled drug, can I use your service?

Yes. For patients who are prescribed controlled drugs (CDs), the majority of GPs in England can now send NHS prescriptions for these medicines using the Electronic Prescription System (EPS). However, this is at the discretion of the GP. If your CD prescription is issued on paper, the GP can still post this to us for dispensing; it may just take an extra day or two.

As of April 1st 2019, two prescription-only medicines (Gabapentin and Pregabalin, usually prescribed for epilepsy, anxiety or nerve pain) have been reclassified as Controlled Drugs. For anyone concerned by this change please contact us or your GP surgery for advice.