Who is eligible for a free NHS flu injection?
You should have the flu vaccine if you:
- are 65 years old or over
- are 50 years old or over on the 1st December 2020
- are pregnant
- have certain medical conditions
- are living in a long-stay residential care home or another long-stay care facility
- are a carer for an elderly or disabled person whose welfare may be at risk if you fall ill
- live with someone who's at high risk of coronavirus (on the NHS shielded patient list) or you expect to be with them on most days over winter In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the NHS have extended the eligibility criteria for a free vaccination in the 2020/21 flu season.
Please check your eligibility here.