Who is currently eligible for the booster vaccine?
The booster vaccine is being offered to the most vulnerable people first - following the same pattern we saw at the start of the COVID vaccination programme.
Therefore, those who are currently eligible to receive the booster vaccine include people in these categories, whose second COVID vaccine dose was given over 6 months ago:
- all adults aged 50 years or over
- frontline health and social care workers
- those living in residential care homes for older adults
- all those aged 16 to 49 years with underlying health conditions that put them at higher risk of severe COVID-19, and adult carers
- adult household contacts of immunosuppressed people