Join the healthtech revolution!
Leeds LS15 (Thorpe Park)
About the role
What are we looking for?
A Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine design and programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes/finalised designs to dynamic web pages and app views. You will work with another FE developer and report to Front End UX Lead Developer and Designer in a team who bridge the gap between creative design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. You will be passionate about technology and keeps up to date with current industry trends and best practices.
The role operates within the IT team for Pharmacy2U and reports to the Front End UX lead developer and designer who owns the end to end user experience across devices. The role also works closely with the Product team, and Digital Marketing team.
What you'll do:
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Build client-side and server-side A/B tests
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Have an input into what we do and how we do it. We want a thinker as well as a doer with the ability to question decisions where appropriate
- Work on both Web and App
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Knowledge of responsive web design with a mobile first approach
- Proficient understanding of web mark-up, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Clean reusable code
- Knowledge and experience of source control such as Git/Azure
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- Good understanding of developing tracking through GA and GTM and ability to understand the analytics
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with client-side A/B testing, Qubit would be advantageous
- Experience of using Visual Studio, MVC, Razor C#
- Experience with supporting App development projects, ideally Xamarin
- Experience of working on collaborative projects with peers as well as other teams
- Experience coding front end features whilst considering optimisation for the web
- Knowledge of bootstrap framework
- Using task runners such as Gulp with NPM and Node
- Experience with large projects
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines
- Working with 3rd party scripts for data analytics
- Experience with JIRA
- Experience in e-commerce
- Knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with Photoshop/Illustrator and XD is a plus
Personal Attributes & Other Requirements
- Proven ability to work to deadlines as well as balance with reactive requests when unavoidable
- Experience of working in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment with competing deadlines and priorities
- Team player happy to collaborate and keep communication streams open with your peers and manager
- Always have the users best interest in mind
- Attention to detail
- Professional integrity & trustworthy
We're an ambitious company with big plans for the future and we're looking for high calibre individuals to join our team and help us improve healthcare for patients.
As the UK's first and largest online pharmacy, we're a market leader in the pharmacy world. Our aim is to further disrupt the industry for the benefit of patients with leadership that is passionate about building the skills and expertise of our teams- 'come and join the rocket ship' - CEO Mark Livingstone
The role operates within the IT team for Pharmacy2U and reports to the Dev Lead.
What can we offer
- Having just moved into a brand new head office at The Springs, Leeds we have an amazing office environment https://thesprings-leeds.co.uk/#whats-happening
- Contributory pension (discounted insurance Aviva*)
- Employee discount site
- 25% Discount on staff health and beauty purchases
- Social events throughout the year
- Park Life Membership (exclusive offers and discounts for The Springs, Leeds)
- Free onsite parking and refreshments
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service, plus bank holidays.
If you think you can deliver then we want to hear from you. Please send your CV quoting Job Reference "Front End Developer" to email@example.com