About the Job
First Line Support Engineer
Full time, 40 hours a week, participate in early and late shifts on rotation to cover the operating hours of 07:00 to 18:00 Monday - Friday. On call rota 1 in 4 weeks. Out of hours working will be required on occasions and overtime will be paid.
Leeds,Thorpe Park, Yorkshire
Salary and Benefits - £18,000 - £20,000 including annual bonus up to 10%, 3% contributory pension, Employee discount site. 25% Discount on stafff health and beauty purchases. Staff social events throughout the year.
Full training provided
Pharmacy2U is the UK's first and largest online pharmacy, we're a market leader in the pharmacy world, helping over 300,000 patients in England manage their NHS repeat prescriptions from request through to delivery.
For 20 years, we have used cutting-edge technology alongside our UK-based pharmacists, dispensing specialists and customer care advisers to help improve the lives of patients.
Our Leeds-based central dispensing facility is distributing medication to patients at a rate of 500,000 items per month and over 60% of this done via artificial intelligence.
Pharmacy2U won the Amazon Growing Business of the Year Award 2018! The award marks a phenomenal year of growth and patient endorsement with a 5 star ‘excellent’ rating on Trustpilot from over 100,000 patients.
We're an ambitious company with big plans for the future and we're looking for high calibre individuals to join our team and help us disrupt the industry further for the benefit of our patients.
Our aim is to further disrupt the industry for the benefit of patients with leadership that is passionate about building the skills and expertise of our teams- “come and join the rocket ship”- CEO Mark Livingstone
The successful candidate will be part of a busy service desk which is growing in line with business growth. You will get exposure to Cloud technologies such as Azure, DevOps practices such CI/CD, automation, scripting and work alongside a fast-paced development team throughout the software development life cycle.
Working in the Pharmacy 2U service desk team the role of first line support engineer is to provide support to the business with IT issues and closely monitoring key systems reacting to incidents in a pro-active manner.
The incidents could be security incidents such as workstation problems, anti-virus issues, machines not being patched, system failures or security incidents flagged up by the security monitoring tools.
You will be the first line of IT support the business engages with and will require good communication skill both written and verbal.
You will be responsible for:
- Recording, managing, co-coordinating and resolving Service Desk Requests and Incidents.
- Keeping users notified and informed of Request and Incident status.
- Consistently meeting agreed Service Desk quality and performance standards.
- Proactively monitoring and maintaining the Service Desk Telephone, Email and Service desk queues.
- To adhere to Service Desk procedures, highlighting out of date process when necessary.
- Undertake desk side support when required to do so.
- Maintaining user accounts (password resets, creating, suspension and deletion of accounts).
- Provision and recover IT equipment, maintaining the IT asset register in line with the leavers process.
- Contribute to IT projects as a defined project resource when required to do so.
- Contribute towards the IT Service Desk skills matrix and knowledge base.
- Ensure essential knowledge and skills levels are maintained in line with the Service Desk Skills Matrix.
- Escalating calls to 2nd line and 3rd line support as and when required.
- Taking pride in the issue and seeing it through to the end, providing an excellent customer experience.
- Pro-actively checking system and security monitoring tools and alerts. Resolving the incident or escalating the incident to the relevant team when required to do so.
- Maintenance, support and back up of the production environment.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Strong troubleshooting and fault-finding skills.
- The ability to work as part of a busy team and build positive relationships with customers.
- A self-motivated attitude and the ability to work independently.
- A proven analytical approach to troubleshooting.
However, more importantly, we are looking for candidates that are a team player and have the ability to work with their own initiative.
If you think you can deliver then we want to hear from you. Please send your CV quoting Job Reference "First Line Support Engineer" to email@example.com