About the job
Engineering Manager - Full time, permanent
Leeds (Seacroft), West Yorkshire
Salary dependent on experience circa £30K plus bonus up to 10%, 3% contributory pension, Childcare voucher scheme, Employee discount site. 25% Discount on staff health and beauty purchases. Staff social events.
Hours: 40 hours per week, there will be a requirement to work out of hours as business dictates
Pharmacy2U is the UK's largest NHS online pharmacy specialising in NHS repeat prescriptions and online doctor services. We exist to take the stress out of obtaining repeat prescriptions and help reduce the strain on the NHS by modernising and improving patient access to healthcare. Chemist Direct our sister company provides a wide range of over the counter medicines and general healthcare products, making these services easily accessible to all.
Increasing demand for our services around the country is resulting in an ever-increasing number of patients which we service from our state of the art, award winning dispensing hub.
We are a pharmacy where clinical excellence and patient care meets unique technology which truly helps families live healthier and happier lives. All of this achieved thanks to our amazing team which includes qualified pharmacists, NHS GPs and best in class cross functional business teams.
The engineering manager is responsible for overseeing and developing all operational engineering activities to ensure performance, safety, quality and environmental expectations, policies and procedures are met or exceeded while driving continuous improvement and optimisation of all processes.
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day engineering operations to cost and quality expectations
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to achieve demand on time and to required cost and quality standard
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor all operations and trigger corrective actions
- Create a trusting and collaborative relationship with workgroups and suppliers
- Recruit, manage and develop staff in line with the company values
- Collect and Analyse data to identify areas for improvement and create strategy to rectify
- Review, implement and manage the full engineering H&S system to required legal and ethical requirement
- Project manage new concept and equipment implementation from design to delivery
- Create opportunities to improve OEE and cost
- Manage operational and capex costs within budget
- Cost Per Unit (CPU)
- Packs Per Minute (PPM)
- Accident Incident Rate (AIR)
- Complaints Per Million (CPM)
- Right First Time (RFT)
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- On Time In Full (OTIF)
- Cost vs Budget
- Preventative Maintenance Completion
- Stock Held Value
Minimum 2 Years Engineering Management.
Demonstrable project leadership experience from conception through design to install and commissioning.
5 Years+ Engineering Management experience across multiple process areas.
Implemented maintenance, H&S, stock systems from start.
Curious, Helpful, Resilient, Pioneering, Commercial.
Able to move swiftly, seamlessly and comfortably between hands on repair and data analysis and strategy development.
Must be self driven and motivated towards leadership of the engineering function.
Ability to motivate and develop engineers of varying levels of skill & experience.
Able to influence and communicate effectively from shop floor to directors.
Previous exposure to Small Team/Resource Cover environment.
Fully conversant in the requirements and implementation of H&S process within engineering including Risk Assessment, PUWER, COSHH, LOLER, SSOW.
Conveyors driven pick and pack operations, auto shipper labeler, box erector.
Demonstrable history of cost reduction activities.
Management of Capex and Operational budgets.
IOSH/Nebosh or equivalent
Degree in an engineering related field or Professional Equivalent.
If this sound like you and you want to be part of a fresh, exciting challenge in a business that is really going places then do get in touch.
Please send your CV quoting Job Reference "Engineering Manager" to firstname.lastname@example.org