About the Job
Accuracy Checking Technician - Full Time , Perm Position
Seacroft, Unit 4a, Victoria Industrial Park, Victoria Road, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS14 2LA
Salary depending on skills and experience. Free on-site parking. Contributory pension. Employee discount site. Staff social events throughout the year.
Pharmacy2U is the UK’s largest NHS online pharmacy specialising in NHS repeat prescriptions and online doctor services. We exist to take the stress out of obtaining repeat prescriptions and help reduce the strain on the NHS by modernising and improving patient access to healthcare. Chemist Direct our sister company provides a wide range of over the counter medicines and general healthcare products, making these services easily accessible to all.
Increasing demand for our services around the country is resulting in an ever-increasing number of patients which we service from our state of the art, award winning dispensing hub.
We are a pharmacy where clinical excellence and patient care meets unique technology which truly helps families live healthier and happier lives. All of this achieved thanks to our amazing team which includes qualified pharmacists, NHS GPs and best in class cross functional business teams.
You must also have a consistent and friendly approach whilst promoting a professional image. Additionally, as an Accuracy Checking Technician you must have the ability to work on your own initiative.
Essence of the role - Key Accountabilities:
- To act as an accredited final checker for dispensed items and ensure daily dispatch performance targets are achieved
- Ensure all prescriptions received are dispensed and performance targets are met
- Comply fully with P2U dispensary operations procedures and meet internal targets for dispensary quality and accuracy
- Ensure all dispensary prescriptions are filed and material requirements are met
- Ensure good stock control within the pharmacy
- Adhere to all legal, ethical, professional and company requirements
- Ensure appropriate quality controls are in place and communicate to pharmacy teams.
- Participate in Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- To remain professional with both internal and external telephone enquiries
- Ensuring the workplace remains fun, relaxed and friendly
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills
- Be able to work well as part of a team
- Professional and flexible
- Driven and positive
- Display high levels of accuracy
Knowledge and Qualifications:
To be considered for this position it is essential that you have gained an NVQ Level 3 Dispensing Technician, plus ACT qualification and are registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council
Personal Attributes and Behaviours:
- Be a good team player and proactively help fellow team members (and those in other teams) when they are busier
- Ambitious to learn and develop their career
- Tenacity and will to win
- Demonstrate professional conduct and respect for others at all times, both Pharmacy2U colleagues and our suppliers and partners
- Have a professional and engaging approach and the ability to build relationships quickly
If this sounds like you and you want to be part of a fresh, exciting challenge in a business that is really going places then do get in touch
Please send your CV quoting Job Reference "Accuracy Checking Technician" to firstname.lastname@example.org